Code of Conduct for Students
- They should follow rules and regulations set by the college and follow the set procedures for completion of different tasks with due diligence.
- They should remain in discipline and must not do anything detrimental to the safety of others.
- They should pay adequate respect to teachers and other college functionaries.
- Ragging is completely prohibited in any form and any such act is punishable.
- They must not do any harm to the property of the college.
- They must not involve in any sort of disruptive activity in the college.
- They should work for upholding the interests and reputation of the college.
- The wearing of ribbon identity card is must.
- Notice Boards should be read daily.
- In vacant periods, they should sit in either library or the place earmarked for them.
- The boys are not allowed in Girls’ Lawn and Girls’ Common Room.
- Tutor is your guide, mentor and friend and should be consulted regularly.
- They must attend mentor group meetings and other college activities and functions compulsorily with discipline.
- Cleanliness is indispensable in the college.
- They should work for maintaining the campus greenery and environment.
- Nothing offensive should be written on walls and notice and classroom boards.
- They should switch off the fans and lights which are not in use in rooms or verandas.
- The cycle/ two wheelers which students bring in the college should be properly registered with the parking staff.
- They are not allowed to bring four wheelers in the college campus.
- Entry in the college is only for the enrolled students and any outsider other than them is strictly prohibited.
Rules regarding Classes:
- The students should be regular and punctual in their classes.
- They must complete their study with utmost sincerity.
- They have to complete 75% attendance in classes to be allowed to sit in examination.
- The regular absence for six days consecutively may lead to striking off their name from the college rolls.
- They should pay proper heed to the lectures and remain in discipline in the classes.
- Any lewd comment or indecent behaviour in the class is punishable.
- The use of mobile phones is not allowed during the classes.
- Any attempt to record the lecture of teacher without permission is prohibited.
Rules regarding Library:
- The College Library is a great learning resource for the students.
- They should make use of library regularly for adding to their academic endeavours.
- They should get books issued from the library regularly and return them within stipulated fifteen days.
- They are prohibited to make noise while sitting and studying in the reading lounge.
- They should make use of the facility of e-resource centre with caution so as not to make any harm to the facilities provided.
- Tearing of any page from the books issued, defacing them and not returning them after the stipulated time may lead to monetary punishment.
- The use of mobile phones in the library is strictly prohibited.
Rules regarding Co-curricular/Extra-curricular Activities:
- The students have good many options to choose from these activities provided by different designated cells.
- They must participate in at least any one of these activities.
- They have to submit their name in the beginning of the session to the concerned teachers.
- They should pursue diligently the chosen activities.
- They have to complete the set regimen as prescribed by rules to be entitled for the certificate wherever applicable.
- The discipline and their committed involvement is must to learn from these activities.
Rules regarding Internal Assessment:
- There is a provision for internal assessment of students and the marks secured are appended with marks got in semester examination for final result.
- The internal assessment is of 20% of total marks for a paper or as decided by affiliating university from time to time.
- These marks are based on regular attendance in the classes, two assignments and one class test.
- The students should remain in touch with their respective teachers for the assignment topics, the evaluative marking and any other query.
Rules regarding Examination:
- Examination is the culmination of the learning endeavours of the students.
- They are supposed to appear in examinations with their full preparation and utmost probity.
- They should not indulge in any sort of copying or any other malpractice to improve their result.
- Copying or facilitating others in any such activity is punishable.
- The use of malpractice in examination may lead to strict punishment as provided in rules.
- They should appear in examination with proper decorum and any attempt to create indiscipline or making loud noise may lead to punishment.
- They have to strictly follow the rules, regulations and norms of the affiliating university and the college.
- On examination day, they are not allowed to carry their mobile and any other electronic device.
Rules regarding Girls’ Hostel:
- There is no entry of any students other than the hostellers in and near vicinity of the hostel.
- The girl hostellers are to follow strictly the timings as decided by Hostel Warden.
- They have to remain in discipline and maintain cleanliness and hygiene in the hostel campus.
- They should take the responsibility of managing their affairs in the mutual interest of all inmates in consultation with the Warden.
- The use of mobile, the use of wash rooms, the cleanliness of hostel rooms, the maintenance of hostel facilities, the upkeep of hostel mess and other such issues are to be jointly managed by the inmates with the consultation of the Warden.
The students are supposed to abide by these rules or the rules communicated to them through notices in the due course of their studies. If there is a case against a student for the possible breach of these rules, then Code of Conduct Committee will look into the matter and inquire about the relevant facts. If it feels the case is appropriate for a suitable disciplinary action, the concerned student may be awarded punishment after consulting with the College Council and Senior Mentors. The punishment may be warning/ restriction / expulsion/ monitory penalty/ suspension or ineligibility for readmission.
Code of Conduct for Faculty, Administration and Office Staff
- All the college staff members and administration should take pledge to do their respective duty for maintaining and enhancing the reputation and dignity of the institution.
- The students’ interest should be their prime concern and they work as mentor and guide for the students.
- They should be punctual and do their respective duties diligently.
- They should be neutral and transparent in their conduct and behaviour and work with utmost probity.
- They should work as role models for the students and any misdemeanor on the part of any staff member should be strictly prohibited.
- They should strictly follow the rules, regulations and norms as prescribed by the government and the affiliating university.
- They should be neatly dressed up and help in maintaining general hygiene and healthy conditions in the college premises.
- They should take active interest in maintaining inclusive study environment and disapprove any discriminatory practice.
- They should follow the parking rules and put their vehicles only at the designated place.
- They should make use of college ICT and other facilities only for the institutional purposes and should not use them for personal benefits.
- They should carry their identity cards along with them.
- They should work in amity and the togetherness with the whole staff should be their core value.
Expectations from Teachers:
- The teachers should be well prepared for the classes and take active interest in providing students best of teaching inputs.
- The teachers should also coordinate the studies with other co-curricular/extra-curricular activities for the holistic development of students.
- They should make ICT as integral part of their teaching and should be committed to add to their teaching methods and tools.
- The teacher should do quality research so as to progress professionally.
- They should plan their assignments, seminars and class test in a way as to have exhaustive coverage of syllabus and to prepare students for the semester exams.
- They should maintain complete transparency in internal assessment and timely inform students about their deficiencies so they can improve themselves before exams.
- The maintenance of discipline is their prime duty and they should make sincere effort for that.
- They should work for sensitizing students about national integration, constitutional values, gender equality, social work, dignity of labour, healthy life habits and such other issues.
- They should also keep tab on the cleanliness of classrooms, departmental rooms, proper electricity arrangements and necessary upkeep of laboratories.
- They should take active interest in managing and improving upon college facilities and activities.
- They should inform students about any activity through timely notice.
Expectations from Non Teaching Staff:
- The non teaching staff provides all ancillary support for college functioning.
- They should make necessary coordination with teaching staff and students while performing their duties.
- Their behaviour with students should be cordial and supportive.
- They should maintain their respective records diligently and provide readily the information required time to time.
- They should help in switching over all official work to digital/online mode progressively.
- The cleanliness of the office rooms and their proper upkeep is their responsibility.
- They should not divulge any information about college activities to any outsider.
Expectations from College Administration:
- The college administration is the linking pin joing all stakeholders and it should work with great sincerity and farsightedness.
- It should work with transparency and impartiality in maintaining the quality standards in the institution.
- It should not compromise in following rules and regulations and ensure discipline in all activities but with a humane touch.
- The resolution of different irritants in amicable way should be its approach.
- It should ensure such working conditions as to help in furtherance of amicability among staff members.
- It should take active interest in maintaining and improving the infrastructural facilities.
- The ensuring of discipline in the college campus should its prime concern.
- It should work as a supportive link between the institution and the higher authorities so as to implement the policies as decided by the authorities with negligible friction with the staff at ground level.
The college staff and administration should abide by these rules and they should make a pledge to keep themselves in self discipline. However, if there is a grave breach of these rules, then Code of Conduct Committee will look into the matter and inquire about the relevant facts. If it feels the case is appropriate for action, the concerned incumbent may be asked to make necessary amends. If still the situation persists, an action can be taken against that member in accordance with the service rules.